Tuesday 5 March 2024

Deviyon aur Sajjano namaskar

Its my 100th post on my blog and I couldn't ask for something more. Though a lot can be written about my blog journey but less said is more. I would like to thank google for providing the platform for dissemination of my ideas through the virtual space. An interesting insight is that my post about Father of nation, Mahatma Gandhiji has garnered highest views amongst all the post till date. And there are some people trying to convince me that days of Gandhian is over.

 Apart from cherishing the track record, I want to share my point of view about latest buzz in fintech industry known as 'IOT sound box'. Yes, little piece of crap that you find in almost all kirana stores near you. I wonder why would someone like that his/her transaction between giver and taker should be broadcasted on a loud speaker. 

Interesting thing about sound box is that it is available on a monthly rent from fintech companies. Though it saves kirana store owner from hassles of scrolling the smart phone each time to verify payment but that should not be a point of contention to fall back w.r.t. sound box.

 

 

Its easy to figure out a problem but suggesting the alternative is not a child's play. Best alternative would a be paper/ digital audit trail, a technology used in EVM system. Some may argue that we receive receipts on payment through a app, but the primary point would be about acknowledging authority. I mean who is acknowledging your payments, it is definitely not from the receiver of the payments. You continue to be at the mercy of fintech platform providers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment